Friday, January 15, 2010

French Fries and a Coke

I am a part time Mystery Shopper. Recently I did a shop in a close by town that required me to place an order at the drive through. I was to order only a cheese burger. My instructions were to listen for certain words from the order taker. If she said the correct words she would earn nice prizes for all the employees on duty that day. The employee was supposed to say, “Would you like French fries and a Coke with that?” So as I placed my order I listed for the magic words. Would they be the words “Would you like French Fries and a Coke?” Instead I heard the words, “Anything Else? I said No thank you and drove to a parking place.

I went inside and asked for the Manager. I gave the Manager an Oops flyer and told her I had just placed an order at her drive through line. I was sorry to inform her that I was listening for the words “Do you want French Fries and a Coke with that?” but instead I heard the words, “Anything else?” The Manager was very disappointed because she knew the prizes they all missed out on would have been very nice.

Did you know that when our life on earth is done, and we reach Heaven’s gates, the Manager will be listening for the right words? He will ask us if we are qualified to enter heaven. If we say, “I was a good person and did good works.” That would not be the correct words. If we say, “I went to church every Sunday and read my Bible often.” That would not be the right words. If we say, “I gave tithes and offerings regularly.” Again that would not be the correct words.

Hey, girl, tell me the correct words because I do want to get all the nice prizes that are beyond that gate. OK – here they are. These are the words the Manager wants to hear, “I accepted Jesus as my Personal Savior and I believe that he paid the price for me to enter heavens gate and receive my inheritance.”

And the Manager will say, “YES, That is the right words, so my child you may enter into the joys of the Lord.”

Now that was simple wasn’t it?

Thank you for allowing me to make a joyful noise today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Hazel this is so wonderful. What a great message to us all. Thank you Hazel!