Monday, January 25, 2010

Go Figure

Sunday at my church I shared the story about the beans I burned. (My last blog)

I was also thinking about how Jesus told stories. He spoke often in parables. His disciples would sometimes ask him to speak more plainly.

He did speak plainly at times and they usually did not understand plain talk either.

Jesus sometimes would tell a story and say it is likened unto - - - and the people usually could relate.

Other times he would just tell them to "GO FIGURE." To think about it and figure out what he meant.

The bean story is about not judging when you may be guilty of the same or similar thing. It is also about holding your words and not speaking too quickly. It is also about releasing a loved one to fail at times and love them anyway. Just in the same way God loves YOU.

So in case you are wondering about some of my stories - - - May I just say "GO FIGURE!" Thank you for allowing me to share a Joyful Noise with you today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You make me smile every time Hazel, love your stories...