Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things Forgotten and Things Remembered

Old Fashioned but GOOD
courtesy photobucket.

This post is linked to Peter Pollocks One Word Carnival
The word is; OLD


Older people tend to forget things as they age, but it is NOT just the old who have a problem with remembering.

Have you ever gone into a room and said to yourself, “I came in here for something but I just can’t remember what it was?” You probably went back to the room where you first were and all of a sudden; NOW you remember what it was you forgot.

The Bible speaks of things forgotten. “Forget not all his benefits.”
God Forgets your forgiven sins and he Remembers them no more.

The Bible also speaks of things to remember. Remember his commandments. Jesus instructed us to take the communion and as often as we do this to Remember his death, burial and resurrection.

A funny thing happened to me recently. I daily read a devotional called “The Upper Room.” I had read all the month of November and was almost through with December. I noted that the message for that particular day seemed familiar. It was about a lady who practiced tithing and when she married she stopped. She noted that when she was tithing, she seemed to be blessed, so she spoke to her husband and they agreed to tithe together.

Then I looked at the date of the reading again, this time much closer. I had been reading an old magazine for last year. This was the only story I remembered reading prior. I must have taken my new copy and placed it on a table at church and it never got home with me. Because I keep all my back issues, this was a simple error.

In the New Year it is traditional for some to make New Year’s resolutions. If you are not already doing so, it would bless you if you began to set aside 10% which is a tithe and contribute it to your place of worship. If you trusted me and I promised to make sure your 90% went further and you would receive other blessings, you might believe me.

In the Bible it is repeated more than once that those who give unto the Lord will have blessings poured out upon them. So if you trust me – then we should more strongly trust God’s word and put him to the test. He tells us to Prove him with a test. Mal 3:10

When I was a little girl my mother taught me to give 10% of my income to the church. At first it was a small amount. Later I made my first missionary pledge of 50 cents to missions. For me that was a large amount because I did not receive an allowance. I had to earn my money. Through the years, tithing and giving has been a blessing to our family. I do hope you will consider making this a New Year’s Resolution to continue to tithe or begin to tithe and that you will be able to Remember all his benefits to YOU.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given to you; good measure pressed down and shaken together and running over, they shall give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you measure, it shall be measured to you again.

Return to the old path for it will surely lead you to home.

 

No comments: