Wednesday, March 31, 2010

From God With Love

Is God concerned about the little things in life that please us? I believe He is! After all, He bothers to count the very hairs on our head and that shows me proof enough!!

As a young family, we had plenty of times with financial struggles. One time in particular, I badly needed a nice outfit to wear to church, but did not see how I could possibly squeeze money out of the budget for a dress.

While driving my old jalopy to do errands, deep inside me, I heard a voice saying “Go to Gabardine’s.” Gabardine’s was a type of discount shop that carried close-outs and other items for excellent prices. Obeying that leading, I made a bee-line for the store in question.

I hurried to the dress section and lo-and-behold, spotted not one, but two lovely dresses in my size; each with a matching jacket. What a bonus - - they were washable too! And perfect colors! One was a breathtaking shade of my favorite turquoise blue, and the other a rich-looking navy. To tell the truth, I could hardly contain myself. I actually would be able to afford both! I was elated, ecstatic and overjoyed at this wonderful find!

I will let you in on a secret: God loves it when you get thrilled about His gifts to you. He can hardly wait to give you something else that will excite you. When I find a bargain that I know He has shown to me, I get so happy as I rejoice and I know God is happy too.

I still love bargains even today! My husband and I were discussing it, and I mentioned that I couldn’t remember the last time I had a new dress for Easter. What a Sweetheart! He jumped right on it. It was Tuesday, “senior” discount day, at Ross, and so off we went!

Soon my arms were full of beautiful outfits. My fitting room experience was another thing. No, not this one…or that one either! Nothing fit or looked good, that is, except the last one I tried on! A beautiful, petal-soft pink dress, for under $15, was soon sliding through the check-out and on its way home with me!! Thank you Jesus!

Did you know that you are just as special in God’s sight as me or anyone else? Did you know that you also can begin to believe for blessings and “bargains” from God? Ask Him simply, and then expect the answer to arrive soon. Here is one word of caution. Do not allow yourself to become so accustomed to the Lord’s gifts that you forget to praise Him for his goodness. Keep thanksgiving on your lips. In your heart, hold an attitude of gratitude, appreciation and the knowledge that God loves you very, very much.

God knows just what you need and what you want or desire. However notice there is a condition; it is as you delight yourself in Him.

Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself also in the LORD; and he shall give you the desires of your heart.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

No comments: