Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jesus is Risen INDEED!


My friend, Cris F. from Brazil, left a new comment on my post "Hosanna" where I spoke about coming to Jesus as a little child, and the children shouting Hosanna!

Cris remarked, “The pastor at my church did a similar thing last Sunday, we all got to shout "Hosanna" three times. It was powerful!”

Another Blogger friend from Finland commented and said, Last Sunday your church shouted Hosanna, and today (Easter) I do hope they will shout, “He is Risen.”

Wouldn’t you know but that is exactly what happened today (Easter Sunday,) at my church!!

Our Pastor asked one side of the church to shout, "He is Risen," and the other side to shout, "He is Risen Indeed." Then he switched sides and had us to say it again. At the end of the preaching, he again has us shout, He is Risen Indeed! After the service, I told the Pastor, “Thank you for doing this. It was amazing!”

At the end of the service, we all joined in singing the Old Hymn, “HE LIVES.” This is such a blessed hymn. We need to sing it more often.

Yes, Jesus is alive! He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed, just as He said!

1 comment:

Cris Ferreira said...

That must've been really powerful. Words are powerful, sometimes we take it for granted. And a whole community shouting out praises to the Lord, wow!
We can feel it, and I wish we could also see the spiritual effects of it, you know what I mean?