Sunday, September 25, 2011

Change Your Thinking




image courtesy photobucket


Afraid, yes, many of the Old Testament Prophets were afraid to step out and proclaim the messages God had giving them to announce.

Gideon was terrified to accept the challenge of God’s call, and his feeble excuse was that he was the least in his father’s household.

Samuel when seeking to anoint a new king, passed over all the handsome young sons of Jessie, before finally asking, is there anyone else?  The youngest and least of all was David only a shepherd boy, but he was the one chosen by God to be the king. 

David did not consider himself small or weak, because he knew he could depend on God for his strength.

King David took control of his thought life. If he thought he was weak, he would say to himself, “Let the weak say I am strong.”

Our thoughts may at times tell us that we are not talented, not smart enough, or creative enough. The strange thing is - - that God calls those who are not able in their own strength to do his work.

God expects us to lean on him and follow what he tells us to do. We each have a part in God’s big plan and as we step up to do our part, we are so busy we cannot dwell on those negative thoughts that once plagued us. :-)

We often are guilty of putting ourselves down with “Poor me, not good enough thinking,” and we forget how special we are to God.  

Perhaps it is time for us to change our thinking, to change our words, and change our life. I have been told that we cannot think on two different things both at the same time. (And it is true)

So when I am in a funky mood, I am learning to sing, to praise, and change the channel (of my thoughts). This helps me, and hope it helps others too.

Some experiences in life are not to be shared, and God will show us what those incidents are. When I have something so secret that I really prefer no one else to know - - I share it with Jesus and He never condemns or laughs at me. He may smile, but that is alright too, after all he is proud of me regardless of my faults, because I am His child.

Entering this post at: Spiritual Sundays: Please visit there at: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2011/09/welcome-friends.html

4 comments:

Jo said...

Great post! I think the temptation is for us to focus on our weaknesses. But I remember God's words to Paul: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." God has chosen us in advance to do good works, but when we doubt, we are questioning God's judgment. Yikes! Keep on singing, praising, and changing that channel, and thanks for the reminder for me to do the same.

Pamela said...

Awesome! As one who focuses on my faults too readily, I've often been reminded that God made me -- and speaking or thinking ill of His creation is a reflection of our Father. I love your final phrase, "I'm His Child."

Blessings,
Pamela

Charlotte said...

I agree with Jo. Thank you for sharing this encouraging post. I think we all feel totally inadequate at times. I like your solution.
Blessings,
Charlotte

floyd said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder that we all need from time to time. God's plan is perfect, we don't have to be. When we get to be part of God's overall plan, it is an honor.

Hope this goes through, didn't get to post today, left my suitcase and computer in California... I suppose I'd leave my brain if it wasn't contain within...