Friday, February 17, 2012

Hair Styles

image courtesy photobucket.com

For many years I had worn my blond hair in a sort of school girl Dutch Bob. It was a simple style and easy to care for.

Then several years ago now, my husband suggested that I might enjoy a very short hair style. He took me to his lady barber who cut hair for both men and women. Many of the women were senior citizens in our area.

"Short real short," is what my husband told her. When the barber finished, I wondered if that was really me.

The girls at work told me they did not like my new look.

"You will get used to it and then you will like it," I told them. It certainly was easy to care for. No curlers or hot iron needed. Simply wash - dry and that was it.

If my husband is happy with my hair, then I too am pleased.

As far as God is concerned  - - God could care less about my hair, because He only looks at my heart.


You will enjoy these two posts below on Hair

Sheila at  God Spotting with Sheila wrote on her recent hair cut.
To enjoy her post “The Hair Cut: click here.   

Also don’t miss the post "My Hair my life"
by Deidra Riggs  click here

Please leave them a comment and tell them you saw this here at Joyful Noise!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Hazel, thanks! The link to my post doesn't seem to work, though.

a joyful noise said...

Thank you for the head's up. It is working now.

Laurie Collett said...

You're right -- God looks only at the heart, and prefers us to have the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:4). Thanks for the great post!
Love in Him,
Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/