Thursday, June 7, 2012

Milestones (repost)

image courtesy photobucket.com

We check the milestones usually at each decade; some are more difficult to embrace than others.

image courtesy photobucket.com
At ten years old we believe we are big stuff! We have the world by its tail!

Twenty takes us out of the teen age years. Time for serious thought.

Thirty is usually a tough and thorny mile stone and often a depressing Birthday to celebrate! We are expected to act more matured now!!

At age forty we can be 39 for the next ten years!

Fifty is the time AARP invites us to become a “Senior Citizen,” and often there are discounts allowed for certain pleasures.

Sixty is the time we approach retirement and (hopefully) expect to slow down a bit. 

However, I sought a new career at age 60 and embarked back into the world of business to work another 12 years.

Seventy is very close to the allotted time that God says he has given to us for our days.

Eighty is a rather large number. However in my spirit I am still young although my body does not always agree.

Last year in May, I did hit the big milestone of Eighty years young. I have joked that possibly at this age, I may be officially considered an “old lady. ” NO," said one of my friends at church, "80 is still young."

The Bible tells us that as our days, so shall our strength be, and I am claiming that scripture for myself.

image courtesy photobucket.com
Long life to you all, and may you enjoy good health, happiness and the treasures of many friends and loved ones all of your Birthday celebrations. 

 This post has been linked to Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday

2 comments:

Alecia Simersky said...

Congrats on reaching 80 that is a milestone indeed! Happy Birthday!! I find it intriguing that you started a new career at the age of 60, when most are wanting to retire. I think staying busy is the key to staying young, it works pretty well for my Grandma that is 81 and NEVER home:)

Floyd said...

You without question are the youngest 80 year old I've ever known. Just goes to show what God can do for the ones who's purpose isn't even close to being finished! God bless you and yours Hazel.