Monday, August 13, 2012

The God who sees your pain


Annette and Ron Thiesen - Missionaries
A letter from our Missionary to Honduras, Annette Thiesen
Annette is in Africa now and I thought you would enjoy this letter.

Dear Daughters of Destiny,

Please pray and fast with me for the women of Africa and their children.

I am only two weeks away from leaving Honduras to speak at a three day woman's conference in Kisumu, Kenya.  I will be there for two weeks together with Annette Rice and we will be speaking in churches around the area, as well. I actually leave Tegucigalpa on August 7th and return on August 23rd. Please pray for Ron and Hector in my absence, as our daughter Natalie will be going back to college on August 13th.

The theme the Lord is putting on my heart is The God who sees your pain!.

Hagar, the slave woman who was cast out of her home and family, was the one who coined that name for God as she was in the wilderness with Ishmael and they were at the point of death. God sent his Angel to rescue them and show them that He has great plans for their lives, that He sees their pain and rejection. He is with them just as he is with Abraham and Sarah to bless them and give them hope and a great future.

I will be fasting this week and asking the Lord to redeem the Hagars and Ishmaels of Africa.

Joy of the Lord is our Strength
courtesy photobucket.com
If you can join me in prayer and skipping a meal throughout your busy schedule, I would so appreciate it.

If you would like to send a love offering to help cover the cost of this trip, please send it to the following address and tag the check with Annette Thiesen for Africa. AFCM International, P.O. Box 1918, Willmar, MN 56201

Thank you for being a part of changing the destiny of many women and children in Africa!

Always serving the cause of Christ,
Annette Thiesen 

 

No comments: