Saturday, February 23, 2013

Run The Course

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade
courtesy photobucket.com

With a bad cold, the flue or some of the nasty virus that seem to be going around - - It seems that they just need to “Run their course.” 

Using all available means I try to stop it and cause it to leave early, but to no avail.  It is determined and “Wants to run its course.”

My husband Robert, gathered a handful of our small lemons, and carefully squeezed them; added hot water and honey making us both a comforting hot drink. It soothed our throats!

I missed church last Sunday, and it looks like it will be wise to miss again this week.

Usually on Sunday I take notes on my pastor’s sermon, but this virus hit me hard last week, and I ended up in bed for two days, with chills, runny eyes, nose and a cough.

For some blogging days, I searched my oldest archives and reposted some of my earlier ones, because I just did not have it in me to create. 

My husband says he must have gotten this from me.  (He tells me, “Thanks a lot.)  

Honestly who knows where it came from as everyone in town is sniffing and coughing? 

Funny thing, this cold virus seems to make an annual visit around this time of year.

I thought it was going to miss me this year, and  hoped as much but when it showed up, I pulled out the aspirin, lemons, chicken soup, juices, extra vitamin C,  and was prepared to fight. 

I rebuked, prayed, told it to leave, but it was strong and it seemed that it wanted to finish its course. 

We are to be wise and take care of our health, and for me and my hubby, we are going to stay home for a few more days, eat lightly and keep up the lemonade.

I am reminded that St. Paul believed that no matter what happened to him, it was important to “Finish the course” that God had given him to run. 

Each of us has a different “Race track” laid out for us, and we are called to complete it to the best of our ability.

Run with joy and stop for those hot lemonade comfort drinks, but most important - - “Finish your course.”

Act 20:24  But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

 

2 comments:

joy said...

Thanks for running your course. Sharing God's words in every season of your life. Take care and get well soon:)

Floyd said...

You always have such a great perspective, Hazel. There is wisdom in those patient words...

Hope you're still doing your Bragg's apple cider vinegar. It's boosted my immune system and so far even though it seems everyone else is sick, I'm still kicking along... I used to be the one to get sick at the drop of a hat... Drop of a hat.... I'll bet you or I could do something with that phrase too! I'm praying for you and Robert and a speedy running of that virus' course.