Monday, May 20, 2013

Milestones (repost) Another Birthday


 

image courtesy photobucket.com

We check the milestones usually at each decade; some are more difficult to embrace than others.

At ten years old we believe we are big stuff! We have the world by its tail!

Twenty takes us out of the teen age years. Time for serious thought.

Thirty is usually a tough and thorny mile stone and often a depressing Birthday to celebrate! We are expected to act more matured now!!

At age forty we can be 39 for the next ten years!

Fifty is the time AARP invites us to become a “Senior Citizen,” and often there are discounts allowed for certain pleasures.

Sixty is the time we approach retirement and (hopefully) expect to slow down a bit. 

However, I sought a new career at age 60 and embarked back into the world of business to work another 12 years.

Seventy is very close to the allotted time that God says he has given to us for our days.

Eighty is a rather large number. However in my spirit I am still young although my body does not always agree.

May is the month I celebrate my birthday, I am resting smack dab in the middle of the milestone of Eighty years young. I have joked that possibly at this age, I may be officially considered an old lady. ”NO," said one of my friends at church, "82 is still young."

The Bible tells us that as our days, so shall our strength be, and I am claiming that scripture for myself.

Long life to you all, and may you enjoy good health, happiness and the treasures of many friends and loved ones all of your Birthday celebrations.


 

2 comments:

Floyd said...

You're the hippest 82 year old I've ever known! I'm with you on God's word and I think as long as you live and believe you are and you can, God will grant it. You have much wisdom to share, Hazel. I'm not sure of the date, but you know I mean it from the bottom of my heart when I tell you, "Happy Birthday!!!!"

Wise Hearted said...

Hazel, that's why you are so wise my sister, those extra years past 77 wisdom has to spill out of you. I am grateful for you and I too wish you a Happy Birthday. If we lived closer I would take you to lunch. One of these days I am going to meet you face to face.