Saturday, July 20, 2013

Baby Escape


Toddler and Mother
courtesy free clip art

Driving slowly was something we always did, because our neighborhood was full of  children playing and this was a day with surprises. 

What was that up ahead??

Bare footed, and clothed only with a diaper, a young toddler was escaping down the hot sidewalk.

The babe was running very fast and apparently had "Get away flight," on his little mind. 

Or perhaps the pavement was burning his tiny bare feet !!

I told my husband to pull over and see if we could find where this little one belonged.

Catching up with him, I spoke softly and said, “Where is your mommy?  Here take my hand and let's see if we can find her.”

Willingly he took my extended hand, and we turned around and retraced his steps. 
 
I was looking for a house with a door that might still be opened.

Yes, there it was, and soon there appeared a frantic young mother who had finally noticed her baby was gone.

 Quickly they were re-united and the mother wiped her tears and hugged her sweet baby.

I was reminded of the Good Shepherd who searched until he found his lost sheep. 

Perhaps the lamb was enjoying his time of escape, until he fell upon hard times and was caught in the tangled bushes.

If we have strayed off the path, may we quickly allow the Shepherd to find us, and clothe our naked body with his robe and apply his ointment on our bruised and swollen feet.
 
John 10:11  I am the good shepherd: the good  shepherd gives his life for the sheep.

Psalms 51:7  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

This post is Shared at: Week End Brew with Barbie 

 

7 comments:

child of God said...

Hello! I'm visiting from the Weekend Brew. Praise GOD you were there to rescue that baby! I just cannot fathom the outcome if that baby encountered a person with poor intentions.

I love your connection with Father and how He is searching for the lost.

Blessings,
<><

Pamela said...

Frightening to think of what could have happened to the baby. Reading this made me rejoice that our Good Shepherd found me and brought me to the safety of the fold.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Your story is beautiful. It was a blessing from God that you were there just at the right moment. The hand of God is everywhere.

Cheri said...

Beautiful reminder, thank you. Visiting from The Weekend Brew. Blessings to you :)

Floyd said...

How I appreciate your wisdom and stories, Hazel. The analogy is fitting and true. I also appreciate that you and Robert are always seeking and looking for a place to help. A wonderful gift. God bless you, sister.

BARBIE said...

This reminds me of the day my then 2-year old daughter opened the door to our house looking for me. I was not home. It was night time. Thankfully, two ladies who were out walking found her about a block from the house and returned or to my husband, who was frantically running the neighborhood calling her name. So thankful for the Good Shepherd who watches over and protects us.

Inspired By June said...

Such a sweet, tender story. A good reminder for all of us.