Sunday, October 6, 2013

Aunt Edna's Funeral Guest Post by Dauighter Judie


A Great Crowd of Witnesses
courtesy photobucket.com
Hi Mom and Dad!

I am now home safe and wanted to share with you what happened on Friday at Aunt Edna's funeral.
 
I arrived in Lindsay on Wednesday and stayed at the one hotel in Lindsay, Super 8.

On Thursday I looked around town and found the Cemetery and funeral home.

I woke up early on Friday and as always headed to the motel breakfast in my PJ's.

When I saw Edna's daughter Anna and her husband David and their kids I said oops and thought about going back to the room to change but David said real loud, "There's Judie!!!!!

I told them if I knew they were going to be there I would have worn some clothes!  Hah, Hah!

Anyway, I wasn't sure what to expect since everyone (especially Jimmy) was crying so hard at Grandma Ruth’s funeral.

It seemed like nothing was planned at all.  Anna told me they decided to have a viewing which I appreciated.  When I arrived the family was sitting around a large table picking out a headstone and planning the service, this was 11:50.

I was trying to be real quite and allow them privacy.

At the grave site, I arrived at 1:55 and everyone was waiting for me - -.it was a very small service.  Around seven people were there that remembered Edna from her church in Lindsay.

When the preacher asked if anyone wanted to say anything, Melvin was the only family member that said anything. Anna was a mess, very distraught.

At the end I went up and read your post from your blog and  Anna's face lit up and she was smiling.  She really understood why you weren't there but she appreciated your thoughts and message.

That’s all for now,

Love,

Judie

 

1 comment:

Floyd said...

I guess you were there in spirit after all. Kind words of love and encouragement are the finest of gifts...