Saturday, February 22, 2014

Praying to Stop Rain

Our Day began with a Warm Sunny Day!
courtesy photobucket.com

It was a warm and balmy day and the sun was shining, and not a cloud in sight.  My children were ready for grammar school, and I sent them off without a sweater as the weather seemed so nice.

About two o’clock, it began to rain, and rain it did as the clock ticked off the time until very close to three o’clock, when school would let out. 

It appeared that the rain was not going to let up, and I feared for my children to run home and get soaked in the process.

Remembering the Bible story of Jesus speaking to the storm to cease, I murmured a prayer that God would stop the rain just long enough for my children to return home.

At that time in my life, I had not learned about how to have authority to speak to a situation and expect it to route in a different direction, so I only prayed.  Yet God was good and I received His favor for my request.

At precisely five minutes to three the rain stopped for about 20 minutes which was enough time for my precious little ones to hurry home.

Joyfully I told them how God stopped the rain so they could get home in the dry!

I am thinking about the heavenly rain of the Holy Spirit when He pours out the Living water to soak us good.  Oh Lord, Let it rain on me!!

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Those are the miracles that most of us tend to forget! I appreciate that you have them recorded. We could fill journals of the miracles and the hand of our Father daily in our lives. You got me thinking again!