Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I am Thine O Lord

Not My Will but Thine be Done



Fanny Crosby’s Original Lyrics to this Old Hymn

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.

Refrain

Draw me nearer, nearer blessèd Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died.
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessèd Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the power of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

Refrain

O the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!

Refrain

There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.


These above words of Consecration have been racing through my mind as I dwell on my will being lost in the will of God.

It is good to reflect on the old hymns that draw us close to Jesus and his sacrifice for us.

25 Hymns of the Cross and Jesus Blood found here:  (you may need to copy and paste)

 
At the church I visited last Sunday, the Pastor called those to the front who desired a closer walk with Jesus.  Many streamed forward to surrender to the will of God.
 
I was reminded of my youth and the many times I too went forward in consecration.  At a young age, I knew there was a call of God on my life.  Not all of us have a pulpit ministry, but we can be a blessing as we share our testimony and allow Jesus to direct our steps.

Are you asking God to allow your will to be lost in His Will?

 
Take Me and Mold Me After Thy Will


 

3 comments:

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Hello Hazel, Thank you for this reminder. I desire that God's will swallow my desires and He uses me as an instrument in his hands.

http://purposefulandmeaningful.blogspot.com/

TC Avey said...

Excellent question at the end. One all Christians need to really ask themselves. I think many Christians (myself included) can get caught up in doing "good" things and forget to ask if they are doing what God intends. Sometimes He wants to re-direct our focus, even if our focus is on something that is "good".
We must actively and daily seek HIS will.

Unknown said...

Our will lost in His… That's powerful. If we're to begin to put things in their proper order, it starts with that. How often my flesh wants to be first and in charge…

Moving post, Hazel. I needed this today… Blessings to you, sister.