Wednesday, May 27, 2015

God’s Name Is Holy


 
Exodus 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

At Open Door Church Bible Study, we are examining the time when God Spoke to Moses on the mountain and gave him the Law.  As our lesson continued we considered the third commandment. 

We were reminded that God is a jealous God and he will not have any other gods before Him. 

We are also NOT to make a graven image and worship it.

The Hebrew word Yahweh (Jehovah) has in it - the words “Nail, Behold, Hand.   (These simple words Nail, Behold and Hand - carry much hidden meaning.)

God revealed Himself to Moses with His name “I AM.” He IS the Self Existent One. 

John 8:58 Jesus said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM 

Jesus is God and is Holy, and will not hold any one guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Many glibly blaspheme as they loosely use God’s name in conversation.  How many say OMG without even thinking – it is a bad habit.

To even swear by His name is showing disrespect and abusing His name. 

The Lord’s Prayer reminds us that Holy Holy is His name and Hollowed be His name. 

Isaiah prophesied Isaiah 7:14, "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel," Meaning - - God is with us.

Many misuse God’s name in anger or to strengthen conversation; those person will not be held guiltless.

Proper use of God’s name is to lift up His name in Worship, Praise and to Honor God with our lips and with our speech.

It is alright to speak up and say, “I am offended when you use God’s name that way.”  We protest with various causes; many are good, but we need to stand up for God and the incorrect use of His name.

Please do NOT disrespect the name of our God. 

The scriptures tell us there is NO other name whereby we can be saved.  The Name of Jesus is precious and powerful when used correctly.

Let the thoughts of our heart and the words of our mouth be acceptable to God.

Great is our Lord and He is the Anointed One.  He gives strength, and covers us with splendor and glory, and his love is everlasting.

Jesus introduced us to God as our Father.  We can come to God and establish the Father relationship.  God is our Father.  The enemy has destroyed many families by removing the father in the home.

Psalms 33: 12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Let all the earth Fear (reverence) the Lord God.

 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, how I appreciate this post! This NEEDS to be preached and taught. I cringe when I hear someone use our Lord's name in vain, and I become so sickened of the disrespect and the looseness with which His precious name is regarded. I cannot stand to see how easy OMG rolls off people's tongues...it is so sad and so disrespectful. Thank you for speaking truth here, my dear sister and friend. God bless you for proclaiming His truth and defending His dear name.

caryjo said...

You grabbed me. In our present-day world, so much other names are used and so many sinful situations are being put in the nations with joyfulness to many of them. Makes my heart break. Studying the history of the thousands of years is fairly accurate and other gods were worshiped and people were sacrificed to them. My sinfulness as a kid and until I officially came to the Lord when I was 20, even back then, before I officially came to the Lord, I had known that what I was doing was sinful. NOW much of what I knew then was sinful, and have never approved of my language and fighting and sexual garbage, I hear so often that it's all OK. Breaks my heart! All I can count on is that the Lord will break through and grab them spiritually. Sorry to say too much, but it's a strong portion of our world, now and forever. Bless you for sharing.