Sunday, November 22, 2015

Be Humble – Pray – Repent and Expect


 

Pastor Allan at Open Door Church was reading from Psalms 100:4  Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

I took notes and present Pastor’s digested sermon.


The Prophet Isaiah cried out for his city and for his nation because of their wickedness and unashamed worship of other gods.

Our country is not was it was 5 years ago, 20 years ago.  We must pray for our leaders that they have wisdom. 

There isn’t a lot we can do except pray, and use our vote to stand against ungodly leaders in Government.

Show me in the Word where we are supposed to be politically correct.

Know this in the last days perilous times will come - - and it will get worse with each generation.  Our nation is falling apart. 
 
I am not saying to gather your possessions and crawl into a cave.  What I am saying is “Get your house in order.  The man is responsible to care for his house for perilous times are ahead.

We are engaged in a Religious war; a war that began with Cain and Able, Jacob and Esau and continues today.

Religious self righteous leaders rule their church with an iron fist forcing people to submit to their will.

In other countries Christians are threatened to renounce Christ and become a Muslim or die.

Paul was a Spiritual Son of God, as he prepared Timothy to be a Christian leader.  We must spiritually prepare ourselves by daily reading our Bible and personal times of prayer and worship.

Guard what you watch on TV and the Inter-Net.  Ask your self – “Is it necessary?”

Be cautious about Face Book and what you share, because much of what is there is only to get a rise out of you.  You can’t believe all of what you see on the internet or on the Media. What is presented as truth is often lies.  We are told sin is now okay.  It is time to stand guard over your household and pay attention.

Be a watchman of the wall, for the enemy is creeping in slowly and cleverly.  Warm and fuzzy is presented, but beware.

The prophet Joel put on sack cloth and ashes fasted and prayed.  It would do us good to fast often.

My grandmother often told me that where you are on New Years Eve will predict how your New Year will go.  If you work, you will work.  If you party – your year will be a waste.  This year we are planning a Watch Night service here at the church.  We will spend time with our church family and pray the New Year in.

2 Chronicles 7:14   If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

This is speaking of Christians and calling them to humble themselves.  To set aside petty issues, Love others as Christ sees and loves them.  Not what “I have done,” but what God has done. 

The verse continues, to pray and actively seek God’s face.  If you mean business with God and seek his face, He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.  Why?  Because He has called you by name.  When we call out His Name “Jesus,” He will show up. There is power in the name of Jesus. 
 
The verse continues speaking of Christians – “Turn from your wicked ways.”  Don’t be insulted, but be honest and ask the Holy Spirit to remove the unnecessary from your life.  Be real so others will be able to see Christ in you.  No half way – but full surrender.  Allow Him to strip away the pretention, pride and the ugly.

Lastly the verse says God will forgive our sin and heal our land.

God is burning off the chaff and plowing the fallow ground.  The fire burns the dross making ready for new growth.  Take an active role in your relationship with God. 

Be watchful and use your Bible as a weapon against the enemy.

God is still in the business of releasing the prisoners and still the healer of broken hearts.

May God equip us with Boldness like Peter and Steven to stand our ground and speak truth without compromise. 

 

5 comments:

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Hello Aunt Hazel, This is Powerful. I attended a week long conference. There the minister said
"if Shepherds are busy raising empires for themselves rather than raising kingdom minded believers..."

Sometimes I write and wonder if it is making a difference in someone's life..

Other times I hide all that thought in prayers...

In the face of discouragement, I wonder if I am making a real difference as a christian writer and minister.

Height of my discouragement is getting negative vibes even among so called believers.

But the Lord will make all things beautiful in His time. It is His work, mine is to obey where He leads me.

Thank you..I always enjoy reading and learning from you.

PS: I hope you received your copy of Alicia's book? I know you will enjoy her stories too. Once again congrats for winning

Hugs and Blessings to you Aunt Hazel

Lux G. said...

Humility is what most of the world lack nowadays.

Wise Hearted said...

Hazel you have hit the nail on the head with your post. My heart is broken for those who must suffer at any time. Thank God soon and very soon He will end the evil all over the world, waiting for the shout.

caryjo said...

When I'm reading Isaiah 5 it's truthful re: what was going re: the Priests and the spiritual leaders and how they were focusing too strongly on the world instead of the Lord. I just read Joel today and, yes, much was in his ability to focus to the leadership. So much happened then and so much happens now. I was extremely blessed when I was a kid, b/c even when sinfulness was extreme in my home situation I knew the sinfulness should chance. In spite of knowing so much of the sinful possibilities in the Seattle/Tacoma area when I was in my upper teens, I had known of the Lord many times and I was so sinful I was considering suicide. The Lord strongly broke into my life and protected and kept me. I'm a very blessed person, and, in our present-day world, when so much of the sinfulness is now extremely acceptable, it breaks my heart often and I worship the Lord. Trusting Him is all that counts. Sorry to talk too much and too long, but this grabbed me strongly!! Bless you.

Unknown said...

I pray that verse as a prayer almost every day. I'm with you in the battle, sister. Thanks for doing your part.