Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Remember When?


This post is a digested Sunday Morning Bible Study at Open Door Church
 

 

 
There are times we must remind ourselves of past blessings and also our promised future blessings.  

I am thinking about something  Kenneth W. Hagin recently said:  “When you meditate on all of God’s promises and establish them deep in your heart, you will begin to reap those blessings as you walk according to God’s Word. In fact, the blessings of God will overtake you as you forget not all His benefits!”

Psalm 103:2–5  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS: Who FORGIVETH ALL THINE INIQUITIES; who HEALETH ALL THY DISEASES; Who REDEEMETH THY LIFE FROM DESTRUCTION; who CROWNETH THEE WITH LOVINGKINDNESS and TENDER MERCIES; Who SATISFIETH THY MOUTH WITH GOOD THINGS; so that THY YOUTH IS RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE’S.

We are also to remind ourselves of past deliverance and God’s promise to keep you.

The Old Testament prophet Habakkuk was remembering he had heard the voice of God and he trembled at His word.  He said “I have been to the mountain that trembled and heard His voice.”  - - “My belly trembled and my angry parts shook.

Paul reminded us in Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Peter also urged us to:  Be sober as obedient children, be Holy as God is Holy for you are chosen and a Royal Priesthood.

We may not be perfect in our own eyes, but allow God to change us into the precise image He views us as.

Habakkuk continued saying: That if there was no harvest, and things did not work out - - regardless I will praise the Lord.

Even though my job was eliminated, and I struggle to pay the bills, although I have submitted many applications without a notice, I will rejoice.

Although I have no spouse, I am not alone for you are with me and I rejoice.

Although I am broken inside, I will continue on the road to recovery, and praise His Name. 

O Lord, give us eyes to see and hearts to open up. 
 
You may be on an even keel now, but there will come a time when upsets, death, sickness and turmoil will come - - yet rejoice in God.  God has knowledge of what is best for you.

Our foundation is Salvation anchored into the Rock Christ Jesus.  Stay connected to Him and to His Word and remain in the local body of believers.

God will use you to be a revelation to the body of Christ.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great message. It's about using our free will to see His perspective in this life. Thanks for the reminder. Uplifting post.

Cheryl said...

It seems that the battles of life are coming thick and fast, but we do try to keep in a state of rejoicing for all God has done and is still doing. Thank you for this encouragement, Hazel. I appreciate it so much.